5 Ways to Save Money on Your Internet Bill

5 Ways to Save Money on Your Internet Bill

Just ten years ago Internet access was still considered a privilege in America. Today? Internet is so ingrained in our lives that some people are connected 24/7. You probably have access to the web at home, at work, on your cell phone and maybe on a tablet or gaming console. You probably also have a high Internet bill each month. Here are 5 ways to save money on your Internet bill.

1. Bandwidth Caps

Some Internet providers are introducing metered broadband – meaning you can only use so much bandwidth in a given month. If you have multiple devices connected to your home network, it’s easy to run up to those caps.

If you are a heavy user with a gaming console, multiple computers or you stream video often, you will want to avoid bandwidth caps. If you are a light user, meaning you only browse the web, check email and watch the occasional puppy video, it might be worth it to move to a metered plan to save money.

2. Bundle Your Services

Many providers like Time Warner Cable and Comcast will give you a discount for bundling services with them, usually home phone, cable TV and Internet. If you currently have separate providers, consider consolidating your services and bundling with one provider.

3. Lower Your Bill with BillCutterz

BillCutterz is a bill discounting service that can lower your Internet bill by as much as 30% or more. All you have to do is send them your bill and they will negotiate large discounts on your behalf, usually without changing features or switching providers. Read a customer’s BillCutterz review at his blog, Live Frei to learn more about how to lower your Internet bill with BillCutterz.

4. Choose the Right Speed

Like cell phone plans, you should be on the right Internet plan for you. If you are a light user who spends most of the time browsing the web and checking email, you’re safe with a lower speed and can save the extra money. However, if you are a heavy user who likes to online game and stream video on services like Netflix, you will want to spend more for the higher speeds.

5. Get Your Own Modem and Router

Some service providers charge a small monthly fee to rent one of their modems. The upside to renting a modem is the provider will replace it if it stops working. You can invest in a good modem for about $50.

Another add-on to watch out for is a charge for wireless networking. You can buy your own router (or get a modem with built-in wireless) for about $50, avoiding the monthly charges from your provider.

If you need help choosing, there are helpful articles online or you can ask a sales associate at an electronics store.

7 Responses

• Posted by Josh on Sep 23, 2015

The best part of this article is that it mentions about not renting modems. I was paying $10 a month for my modem and then I found my own.

• Posted by Amanda Bailey on Jan 5, 2016

This really is exactly such a great reserve that you simply re giving about this subject and people today provide it away plagued approachable.

• Posted by Adam Campbell on Jan 8, 2016

I have been examinating out some of your stories and i must say clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.

• Posted by Andrea White on Jan 9, 2016

Heya outstanding website! Does running a blog such as this require a massive amount work? I’ve absolutely no knowledge of computer programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I just had to ask. Appreciate it!

• Posted by Melanie Ross on Jan 10, 2016

Ray Ban Sunglasses could be favorite in every the summer time due to the possible ferocious daylight. Invariably rice, sunglasses within varieties are actually proved to be a classy adornment by both equally celebs and standard those people. Cool sunglasses go well with persons of any age. In modern times, Ray Ban sunglasses tend to be by a lot of becoming a fantastic style statement. This is actually the most generally well-known advantages which is available from sunglasses.

• Posted by Sean Dickens on Jan 10, 2016

I have acquired some new things from your website about personal computers. Another thing I’ve always thought is that laptop computers have become something that each family must have for several reasons. They supply you with convenient ways to organize households, pay bills, shop, study, pay attention to music and perhaps watch shows. An innovative way to complete every one of these tasks is with a notebook. These pc’s are mobile ones, small, potent and easily transportable.

• Posted by Sonia Greene on Jan 12, 2016

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you’re working with? I’m having some minor security problems with my latest site and I’d like to find something more safeguarded.